Monday, March 16, 2009

Trip finally underway

I am so glad that my son is finally on the road to his new home in Virginia. He has had such a trying 3 weeks since his wife suffered a fatal stroke and then passed away. He had to have two funerals, one in McAllen, Tx and then a graveside in Montogmery, Al. Then he had to fly back to McAllen to pack up his house, sell some stuff, load a moving van and trailer, now he is on his way to Houston, Tx for his daughter's surgery follow-up exam. Then on to Virginia where he had started a new job 3 weeks before his wife's stroke. The daughter is only 14 and it will be very hard on her to make new friends and start over without a mother to guide her. I feel for her Dad, trying to be Mom and Dad, but he is a strong person and I know he will make it.
I have had a hard time, thinking of all he is going through and the fact that I live in south Alabama and so far away. But I have tried to support him on the phone and e-mail.
They will be stopping by to see us on Wednesday on the way to Virginia.
I solicit your prayers for his strength, courage and guidance.
In Christ's Love

1 comment: